- installed Mad Max using steam; played for couple hours;
- logged out, rig was saved;
- logged back into windows several hours later; opened steam lke before;
- tried to open MadMax; got a status of "Running" on steam and nothing else;
- when I minimised the Steam window, noticed there was a MadMax application open in the taskbar, clicked on it, the entire screen was white; only taskbar was visible; waited for a while thinking it was loading up... nothing after 20 minutes;
- tried restarting Steam, restarting the whole rig, logging out of Snoost and back in... nothing worked.
- log into your rig, open windows up; open steam up, log in;
- if you're using BigScreen mode, goto settings (top right) and tell it not to launch in BigScreen mode; the following instructions might work in BigScreen mode but I'm just not familiar with the steps required to get to the same place;
- restart steam; if you're in the normal desktop mode, you should see your games on the left side;
- right click on MadMax, properties, local files tab, verify integrity of game files;
- this checks if any of the files have been corrupted; mine started to download about 13GB of the game again; after that, it worked.
- keep in mind tho, you have to do this every time you load up the game; it happened to me on my 2nd and 3rd attempt to play it; only time it didn't happen was when I first installed the game.
- Googled and only people using Cracks had the same issue with this specific game; Odd as I'm using steam!
- A lot of people were saying it was a resolution/integrated graphics issue; followed their instructions but didn't fix anything;
- as this seems to happen all the time, I wonder if it's a Rig issue (when saving, backing up, restoring files might get lost, damaged... ) ;