You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Game reviewer
#0 September 15th, 19:08

[Review: No Man's Sky]: Great game

At the launch was a very boring game but with these latest updates has become something much more interesting. I've already lost good hours playing and the ideal is to try to "invent" your trajectory, your personal goal in the game that surely you h...
Read the review here

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Staff
#1 September 15th, 22:27
Although I never got to try No Man's Sky, I've actually been quite thrilled about the news lately with the new updates. Do you believe the game has improved enough for gamers to turn around to it yet?

Game reviewer
#2 September 16th, 04:02
Yeah, you have to start playing by completely forgetting that hype that was created. Go with the thought that it is a gigantic game, somehow monotonous but very interesting and unique, well exploited even, losing hours and hours sailing aimlessly. I particularly like to take a lot of screenshots. It is a good game, I gave 5 but for some it is 0.

Staff
#3 September 16th, 08:52
Cool - might give it a try when I have the time. I heard from a few that it's been improved a lot, and actually makes almost a totally different game than when it was released. Any hints on how to get started? :)

Game reviewer
#4 September 16th, 22:35
My main tip is: go without hype and to waste a few hours exploring. Maybe you can get some fun out of it.

Staff
#5 September 17th, 13:48
CooI hope so. But it's mainly an exploration game though, correct? It seems like some of the more recent updates have emphasised space battles as well, so I'm curious if you think the action part of it has become somewhat fun as well, or if it's still an "only exploration" kind of game?

Staff
#6 September 18th, 10:13
@marcooliv I would also love to know a bit more about the game in its current status. You write that it is "somehow monotonous". I've heard that the game is very "grindy" in terms of collecting minerals etc. Is this still the case? I haven't read about the new updates. Do they address this in any way?

Last edited: September 18th, 10:14

Game reviewer
#7 September 19th, 01:37
CooI hope so. But it's mainly an exploration game though, correct? It seems like some of the more recent updates have emphasised space battles as well, so I'm curious if you think the action part of it has become somewhat fun as well, or if it's still an "only exploration" kind of game? - RuneDalton
I confess that I did not experience deep the part of battles of the game, the little that I had I did not see anything of much, very simple mechanics. I still think it's an exploration game with battles in the middle of it. ahahaha

Game reviewer
#8 September 19th, 01:40
@marcooliv I would also love to know a bit more about the game in its current status. You write that it is "somehow monotonous". I've heard that the game is very "grindy" in terms of collecting minerals etc. Is this still the case? I haven't read about the new updates. Do they address this in any way?

- Leed
Yes, it's still a "grindy" process, I can not compare with the release, but it's still a bit boring and time consuming to mine, but for example, I like listening to audiobooks and podcasts, for me it's a perfect match with the game.

Staff
#9 September 19th, 10:46
Awesome. I hope to give it a try one day. :)

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments