You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Snoobster
#0 November 3rd, 06:46

Startup Times

I would like to know if there are any plans in place to reduce this horrendous loading time. I've been kicked for inactivity due to the extremely long loading times. Not to mention, the display is very fuzzy. I set the resolution to 1280x720 in the nvidia settings but the display is still fuzzy. (I'm on the 720p package) I'm now going on 25 minutes of startup time, and it's still attempting to start windows.

Also, my download speed is 46.02, so I don't believe my internet connection is the issue.

I really want this service to work properly and truly entice me to pay after the trial, but as of now it seems like there's more issues than solutions. So, are there plans in place to improve the loading time? I've only been able to login successful once, and tinkered around in Cities Skylines. I must say, it was incredibly nice to run Cities at high graphics again but I don't want to wait for an hour to get into a game. To me it's more worth it to simply play on medium graphics with my current build.

Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Snoobster
#1 November 3rd, 06:54
Update: I was again kicked for inactivity while trying to start windows.

https://gyazo.com/3bd1cc4542acb5b9e8e11a49108ec78a

Update: I've cancelled my subscription. Send me an email when you fix your issues.

Last edited: November 3rd, 08:03

#2 November 7th, 12:50
HI Xafius,

Sorry to hear you are encountering these automatic shutdowns. The timer is set to about 20 minutes, and we are aware the loading process can sometimes take longer than this depending on a myriad of factors. We are working on getting a large update through the pipeline that should reduce these loading times dramatically. In the meantime, to avoid these shutdowns, you can wiggle the mouse a few times during the process.

Additionally, if the process is becoming stuck on any one stage, please do let us know so we can investigate.

Showing 1-2 of 2 comments