You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Game reviewer
#0 November 26th 2017, 18:21

Drakensang Online Keeps Freezing

So, in the past few days, a game I play keeps freezing, especially when I am connected to the West Europe servers. I don't think it's anything to do with the connection or stream, since the stream still works (I can move my cursor and everything) and my Internet connection is fast (>70 mbps) and I generally have a latency of <30 ms. It's just this game that freezes at times, even though it is correctly installed into the Z: drive. Thanks in advance for the help.

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Staff
#1 November 26th 2017, 21:29
What happens when it freezes? Are you for instance able to ALT+TAB to the Windows desktop, or somehow get it back up and running?

Game reviewer
#2 November 27th 2017, 14:05
Yes I can get it back up and running. I think I've figured out what caused the freezing, and it's actually very funny. Basically, since I play on a Macbook, I frequently use the F1-F2, F5-F6 and F11-F12 keys to change volume, brightness, etc. Well, apparently, this combination of keys (on Windows 10) can cause the game client to freeze, crash, etc., so I actually laughed out loud when I finally understood what was causing this "issue". Thanks for the help, anyway ;)

Staff
#3 November 27th 2017, 14:31
That is too hilarious. Funny I haven't experienced that myself (yet), but it's probably because have set my MacBook Air to "default function keys" for the F-key-series. Maybe this would be an idea for you so it won't happen again in the future? :)

But thanks so much for finding out! We will definitely add this piece of advice somewhere on our help center. Enjoy playing!

Also, quick curious question: How is Drakensang as a game? I've been following it a bit, and I must admit it looks quite entertaining.

Game reviewer
#4 November 27th 2017, 19:14
Yes, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try that out ;)

As for Drakensang, it's a bit old now, but still one of my favourite MMORPGs out there, although some people complain that it's too similar to other games like Diablo 3.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and support, and keep up this great service!

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments