You must be logged in to use the forums.
Remember me
Game reviewer
#0 November 15th 2017, 18:18

Infustice 2 doesn't launch

Hello everyone!

So yesterday i bought Injustice 2 and downloaded it. But for some reason when i try to launch the game it just turns off after the splash screen without showing any error messages. Things that i already tried and it didn't help: verifying game cash/redownloading the game; checking if video drivers are up to date; installing DirectX/VCredist fron the game's CommonRedist folder; launching game as Administrator. I also checked Windows Event log, but it didn't record any crashes. There are some known solutions for the problem, but i don't think that they're applicable to Snoost. Here is the list of possible solutions i found: 1) If you're using more than one display, unplug the second one - if i am not mistaken, Snoost only uses one display. 2) Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 - not possible since Snoost PC uses Windows Server 2016. 3) Installing the game to system folder - also not possible with Snoost. 4) Turning off/updating RivaTuner Statistics Server - i haven't checked it yet, but i don't think that RivaTuner is installed on Snoost PC by default. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know that the game is new, but it seems that most of the players don't have any problems with it. Also it's the first time i have a technical problem with a game on Snoost - all other titles that i played (Mafia II and III, HITMAN, Dark Souls III, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor) worked flawlessly.

PS Yeah, typo in the thread title is dumb :)

Last edited: November 17th 2017, 18:04

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Game reviewer
#1 November 16th 2017, 22:30
Any suggestions? It would've been nice if someone from the Snoost staff replied. Anyway. I sent a ticket with my problem to WB Tech support. They replied with this message:

Thank you for contacting WB technical support and for sending us your DxDiag information. We would like to have you try the following troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issues you are experiencing.

• Ensure that you have Administrator privileges on the computer you are trying to run the game on.
  • Update your video and sound drivers (refer to manufacturer’s website) Please try turning off your Background Applications and 3rd party services. To Turn off Background Applications and 3rd party services: Step 1: Start the System Configuration Utility Press the Windows key and R key together on your keyboard to bring up the "Run" box. Type msconfig in the "Run" box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation. Step 2: Configure Selective Startup options
    1. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.
    2. Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
    3. Click the Services tab.
    4. Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
    5. Click Disable All, and then click OK.
    6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
    7. Try running the game again to see if the problem persists. If you need to get back to your original configuration, run msconfig again and choose normal startup. Reboot your system Step 3: Re-verify steam Cache In order to verify your game files in Steam for a particular game please read the following:
    8. Go to you Library, right click on the game.
    9. Select Properties and go to the Local Files tab.
    10. Select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and wait for the process to complete If none of the above troubleshooting resolves the issue, please let us know and we will follow-up with further troubleshooting options.
So the next question is: am i allowed to try and apply this solutions as a Snoost member, or will it mess with streaming/etc? Or should i just wait for the patch/refund the game?

Staff
#2 November 17th 2017, 09:40
@Ghillie0 Hi there Ghillie0.

Sorry we haven't gotten back to you yet, I must have missed your post while browsing the forum yesterday. My bad.

I feel even worse since you have already done thorough testing and gone over more than the basic stuff - and still, I personally can't give you a clear answer to what the problem might be.

I promise you I'll run it by our very busy CTO before the end of the day and hopefully he can give you a satisfactory answer that can perhaps let you play the game over the weekend or at least do further testing :).

Staff
#3 November 17th 2017, 11:01
@Ghillie0

An update.

The CTO says it is in all probability a game related issue.

It should be possible for you to try the above steps. A note on when you restart the Snoost cloud PC though:

After you press restart on the cloud PC you will be taken back to the Snoost screen where you select windows. Wait 5 minutes or so and you should be able to enter the windows desktop again. If you try to early, Snoost will tell you something like "the PC is busy at the moment, try again in a few seconds". Give it a minute or two and try again if you get that screen.

Let me know how that turns out for you.

Game reviewer
#4 November 17th 2017, 18:03
@Leed

Hello, Leed. Thanks for answering my question. I tried to change startup options for Snoost PC. It didn't go well . I tried that 3 times, and after every PC restart Snoost client gave me "pairing to cloud rig failed" error (fixes from the Snoost forum didn't work for me), which led to computer shutdown due to user inactivity, and applied changes were not saved.

After that i tried something similiar to disabling services on startup: i manually turned off every non-Windows service/app through the Task Manager (after all eliminating conflicting apps (such as RivaTuner) helped other people on Steam to launch the game).

But for me it didn't work out - game still turns off after the splash screen. Honestly, i'm stumped and can't figure out what to do anymore, and where the problem lies. Is it because of the Windows version? Or some hardware is conflicting with the game?

I'll report to WB support and see what they have to say (although i don't have much faith in their suggestions). I guess my best hope atm is either an offfical patch or some genius insight from the Steam community. But most likely i'll have to refund the game.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If i (miraculously) find the solution to my problem, i will report it to this thread.

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments