You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Snoobster
#0 October 6th, 22:26

What can i expect from snoost?

Ive played a little PUBG and DOTA 2. And i must say im impressed bout how smooth (taking wait time in to mind) it works. But i dont know how much i can expect compared to delay and such. Is it supposed to run as smooth as if u had installed the game on ur own computer with the required specs or will there always be delay. Both Pubg and Dota 2 was in my experience not enjoyable to play with the latency. My system can both play the games without snoost though not pubg on high video settings. My internet connection should also be far over the req. All that in mind. Keep up the good work looking forward to seeing you succeed :)

Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Staff
#1 October 7th, 09:05
Thanks for the support @kierk! In general, there will always be a tiny delay since there is a distance to the nearest datacenter, and it therefore takes a few extra milliseconds to transfer the video and sound back and fourth between your computer+monitor and the cloud gaming server, compared to just your computer and your monitor.

In general, most of Europe is very well covered. Even in northeren Europe (like Denmark and southeren Sweden) the connection still achieves a low ~30ms latency. Moving closer to central or west Europe, the latency drops to below ~10ms and in some cases close to nothing.

I hope this answered the question. :)

Snoobster
#2 November 6th, 05:46
How is Latency In California Most of the Time

Snoobster
#3 November 6th, 05:47
I saw the west has heavy traffic sometimes how will it affect me. (think of using Snoost to Run SC)

Staff
#4 November 6th, 12:59
How is Latency In California Most of the Time - Abdo
That depends on where you are located yourself. The latency is usually rather good at the West coast, since there are two datacenters in close proximity to most major cities at the West coast, thus providing a good latency for the vast majority of users in these locations.

Snoobster
#5 November 6th, 22:56
@RuneDalton I live in the valley

#6 November 17th, 23:42
@Abdo, you should experience relatively low latency living close to the west coast. If you experience delays, you could try Parsec. Some users including myself have had success with this program.

Showing 1-6 of 6 comments