You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Snoobster
#0 September 23rd, 00:43

Can't start a machine

Hi

Each time i login I've been placed in the queue (normal...many people trying to use the system). When i finally manage to enter the system takes LOTS of time to start up a new machine. And then without actually manage to start up, i shutdown the machine and send me back to the queue. Am I doing something wrong?

Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
The thread was moved from "New to Snoost" to "Troubleshooting".

#2 September 23rd, 05:06
Hi there Kirzy,

Can you explain in more detail which steps in the boot-up process the client is getting stuck on? And when you say the machine shuts down, do you shut it down "turn off" or does it automatically go into shutdown save mode on you?

Thanks

Snoobster
#3 September 24th, 01:15
Hi Curivity

After another hour waiting i manage to login. Today it was quite fast to login and start-up a machine. But it looks like my laptop doesn't have the requirements to run the Snoost app :(

What do you recommend for CPU and graphics card?

#4 September 24th, 01:59
Hi Kirzy,

You need only to download the Chrome application and install on your browser to run Snoost. A stable internet connection 10+ MBPS is also needed for a pleasant gaming experience. Make sure you are using this Chrome extension and not the previous Snoost computer application, which we are no longer supporting.

As far as minimum requirements go, I don't believe we have any. Any computer that can run Chrome and has a stable internet should be able to run Snoost. I will get back with you if we do.

Thanks

Snoobster
#5 September 24th, 02:13
Hi Curivity

Thanks for your answer. Yes i downloaded already the app, since the first post :)

i had nothing but the Snoost app running, and here is a screen shoot of the resource manager

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByOsPIe4UToqamJDTWExSDV5QkE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

#6 September 25th, 08:51
Kirzy,

My resources tell me this may be due to an inactivity shutdown automatically performed by our client after a certain time period of inactivity. Are you closing the client or not using a mouse or keyboard while the boot up process is occurring?

Additionally, we would like to look at the specs of your computer, could you share these so we can try to recreate the problem if it is not this automatic shutdown? We have tested Snoost on a variety of older machines, with success, but this of course is not foolproof for every scenario.

As always, make sure your computer and Chrome are updated to weed out any bugs.

Snoobster
#7 September 25th, 23:34
Hi Curivity

While waiting indeed i don't do anything at all, so the laptop is inactive, just waiting for the app

SO: Windows 10 Home x64 CPU: Intel N3710 @ 1.6 RAM: 8GB Graphic Card: Intel HD graphics

Chrome ver: 60

#8 September 26th, 00:20
@Kirzy

Make sure you're keeping the computer active at least every 20 minutes otherwise the client will shut off automatically due to inactivity.

Additionally, if you're stuck on "establishing connection" or other processes, please exit the client and restart. Don't worry, this will not affect the boot-up.

Last edited: September 26th, 00:21

Snoobster
#9 September 26th, 00:26
Hi Curivity

Thanks for the replay

Today i updated Chrome to Ver 61 and also the snoost client app. Indeed i am all the time stuck on "establishing connection". Event after restarting the app several times. Also the shurtcut Alt+Shit+Q stop working.

So many problems. :(

Thanks for all your quick replays :)

#10 September 26th, 15:23
The description of the problem from the beginning sounded like the rig was timing out due to inactivity. If you're encountering issues where the client is becoming stuck on certain processes, we've outlines a temporary fix while we dive into the root cause:

1. Issue: I am stuck at 'Establishing Connection' or having other similar problems (such as pairing with rig):
Users sometimes experience getting stuck on 'establishing connection' or other stages when starting up their rig.

Reported, temporary solution:

Close the Chrome client and reopen it again (to restart the client: close the popup window and press the “open cloud rig” button from https://app.snoost.com/. Try it a couple of times if needed. This should force the connection through (and don't worry, the server will still continue booting up, it does not start over again).

Snoobster
#11 September 27th, 17:08
So if i keep moving the mouse and clicking it works fine now. But is not very pleasant keep clicking all the time. So kind of problem solve, in a not very good way but solved

Now, one of the loading steps is to load 16900+ games. I have no idea what is it actually doing but it took over 20 minutes to finish. It's a bit to much time

When i finally login to the VM, i went to check the hardware. I realize that is using 2 graphic cards. One of the has a problems with the drivers

Staff
#12 September 27th, 22:36
Thanks for the extra details @Kirzy - The "Loading 16,900 game files" is the amount of backed up game files it needs to load until your games are playable. We are constantly working to reduce this time, and (without revealing too much) have really great plans for it.

We will try to get to the bottom of your issue, and again: Any details you can share will help us a great deal.

Snoobster
#13 September 27th, 22:45
Hi RuneDalton

I Took a screenshot. Here is the link http://i68.tinypic.com/1z19zcy.png

Staff
#14 September 27th, 22:48
Hi RuneDalton

I Took a screenshot. Here is the link http://i68.tinypic.com/1z19zcy.png - Kirzy
Thanks. However, this is not a bug per say, but simply because it's in a virtualised environment. As long as the other one works, there's no issues with the GPUs. :)

Snoobster
#15 September 29th, 05:47
Hi

Each time i login I've been placed in the queue (normal...many people trying to use the system). When i finally manage to enter the system takes LOTS of time to start up a new machine. And then without actually manage to start up, i shutdown the machine and send me back to the queue. Am I doing something wrong? - Kirzy
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments