You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Snoobster
#0 September 29th, 12:29

Establishing connection problem

For about 24 hours I can't seen to establish connection to the rig. getting the error of pairing to the cloud rig failed! try to restart more then 10 times per try and still can't connect.

Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Game reviewer
#1 September 29th, 23:10
having same problem!

Staff
#2 September 30th, 07:30
We're looking into these establishing connection issues which seem to happen for a few users. It would help us a lot if you could let us know which operating systems, computers etc. you are running. Thank you in advance.

Game reviewer
#3 September 30th, 10:39
I am "rocking" a Macbook Pro 2016 with 16GB RAM, an i7 and Intel Iris 6100 GPU. Hope it helps!

Snoobster
#4 September 30th, 11:33
Same problem. I'd like a refund as it's currently unusable. I'm using a 2016 Touch Bar Macbook Pro too. Closing and reopening from the chrome client doesn't help. Tried so many times.

Snoobster
#5 September 30th, 23:11
macbook macOS 10.12.6, same issue. Temporary solution (closing extension/Clicking Open Cloud Rig) does not force connection for me.

Last edited: October 1st, 00:16

Snoobster
#6 October 1st, 00:42
Note for Snoost staff, the CPU usage displayed on https://app.snoost.com/ appeared quite low while I was stuck establishing connection after setup completed. Usually on launch I see 5-6% after a successful setup, but while stuck I observed usage at 2%. This might not mean anything in particular I just noticed it.

In recent memory after setup with the Snoost Chrome client (after loading games other start ups etc), I've never been able to get past Establishing Connection in August/September without restarting the extension once allowing me to game as usual. Pairing to Cloud Rig Failed appeared in attempts to restart the extension, but did not appear during the usual "Establishing Connection" first initial hang I usually experience. It did appear in all subsequent attempts to open cloud rig though. The "Pairing to Cloud Rig" message has also randomly appeared to me during gameplay without noticeable interruption.

I'm able to send support a complete hardware/OS summary if needed. I normally use an application called MachineProfile (available on the App Store) for other tech support with games to share system information. It might be useful for in-depth troubleshooting for others on macOS too.

Last edited: October 1st, 00:43

Staff
#7 October 4th, 15:55
HI @Kenn - This is amazing feedback, thank you! It would be really great if you could send a summary of your hardware and OS to the tech department, so we can reproduce the same setup and test for eventual incompatibilities. We will definitely work as hard as we can to fix these issues!

Snoobster
#8 October 5th, 12:08
Here is a link to my Macbook Pro specs from the MachineProfile App Kenn mentioned (thanks!) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k98rnjmm3az09rv/Screen%20Shot%202017-10-05%20at%2011.06.21.png?dl=0

Staff
#9 October 5th, 12:27
Awesome - This helps a lot! Thanks for the details guys!

Snoobster
#10 October 5th, 13:55
@RuneDalton would be great if you could reach out and email me to let me know when it's working so I can re-test the platform.

Staff
#11 October 13th, 10:29
We have just published a patch which addresses these issues. Thanks for the feedback!

Snoobster
#12 October 13th, 11:03
@RuneDalton thanks. I look forward to re-trialling the platform. Is there a way for you to refresh my trail as I cancelled when it didn't work?

Showing 1-12 of 12 comments