You must be logged in to use the forums.
Remember me
Snoobster
#0 January 20th, 13:46

[Free Trial] Very frustrating

hi. so far, my experience has been very frustrating. pretty much NOTHING worked properly:

• billing: credit card verfication progress got stuck
  • rig startup took ages
  • changes to resolution, keyboard layout (german), geforce settings etc didnt get saved
  • 2nd startup: changed settings again; still couldnt even type an "@"
  • downloaded ghost recon wildlands; got disconnected due to inactivity: am i supopsed to be at the computer the whole time?
  • 3rd startup: took ages to start the rig: REDOWNLOADED THE GAME and settings were gone AGAIN
  • tried to start the game: error : untrusted system file nvspcap64.dll
  • found out that geforce experience could be the culprit, tried to uninstall it->>>CRASH
  • reconnecting and killing current process (in that chrome plugin) got stuck.
  • 4th startup: i get connected to US east...am in germany....
  • cant minimize chrome plugin without pausing the startup/download process
By the time i get a response from a support ticket, the free trial is over and i havent seen any proper gameplay.

i dont think this can be called "service" but , im sorry to say, rather a pain in the a**.

if u can resolve these issues,i might give it another try and write a positive review about it. thanks.

Last edited: January 20th, 14:14

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Mechanic
#1 January 20th, 17:43
man i think you need to chill! this is still an alpha version. I've encountered multipe bugs aswell. Most services dont even offer a trial so at least now you know what you would be paying for (which is the improvement of said bugs).

Snoobster
#2 January 20th, 20:23
its charged....38.85 € ...trial doesnt even wrk... AT ALL...enough said

Snoobster
#3 January 20th, 20:27
they should pay me for my time testing their stuff OR charge nothing for testing their ALPHA OR at the very MINIMUM charge a very low (break even) price.

Mechanic
#4 January 20th, 20:43
Well, it did work for me for the most part. First off, you are saying you got charged for the trial? are you sure its not a pending charge? Second, they should pay you? charge minimum price? have you ever even tested games (or anything for that matter)? No one forced you or asked you to try the trial, you did so at your own expense, its clearly stated in the home page that this is an alpha service, you cannot expect a new thing like this to be perfect right off the bat. Hardware costs, server maitenance, bandwith costs these are all very real and big charges that snoost has to pay for. stop beeing an entitled.

Snoobster
#5 January 21st, 07:30
what i said was, its a charged service...for a high price... for an alpha...considering that other services charge half and are polished. geforce now charges NOTHING for its BETA stage service...enough said.

the whole point of a trial should be /is that the customer can see , if he, in this case, likes the speeds, responsiveness, playable games etc. I couldnt even get to that point. also i didnt notice the tiny bunner in the top left corner that they obviously dont wanna EMPHASISE

Snoobster
#6 January 21st, 10:46
hi. so far, my experience has been very frustrating. pretty much NOTHING worked properly:

• billing: credit card verfication progress got stuck
  • rig startup took ages
  • changes to resolution, keyboard layout (german), geforce settings etc didnt get saved
  • 2nd startup: changed settings again; still couldnt even type an "@"
  • downloaded ghost recon wildlands; got disconnected due to inactivity: am i supopsed to be at the computer the whole time?
  • 3rd startup: took ages to start the rig: REDOWNLOADED THE GAME and settings were gone AGAIN
  • tried to start the game: error : untrusted system file nvspcap64.dll
  • found out that geforce experience could be the culprit, tried to uninstall it->>>CRASH
  • reconnecting and killing current process (in that chrome plugin) got stuck.
  • 4th startup: i get connected to US east...am in germany....
  • cant minimize chrome plugin without pausing the startup/download process
By the time i get a response from a support ticket, the free trial is over and i havent seen any proper gameplay.

i dont think this can be called "service" but , im sorry to say, rather a pain in the a**.

if u can resolve these issues,i might give it another try and write a positive review about it. thanks.

- coolambo
Im courious did you get the money back after the trial?

Mechanic
#7 January 21st, 16:18
what i said was, its a charged service...for a high price... for an alpha...considering that other services charge half and are polished. geforce now charges NOTHING for its BETA stage service...enough said.

the whole point of a trial should be /is that the customer can see , if he, in this case, likes the speeds, responsiveness, playable games etc. I couldnt even get to that point. also i didnt notice the tiny bunner in the top left corner that they obviously dont wanna EMPHASISE - coolambo
Man obviously nvidia is an established company, a powerhouse in the computer business, they are pretty much the only ones who can offer a free beta due to the fact that 1) they have a **** of money. 2) they manufacture their own computers.

The trial is set up so you can get 3 days trial plus 1-week if you review a game. that is better than most companies offer for a trial period (most don't offer one at all).

About the price, 12€ is not high. What other companies offer a better service for less cash? Honestly i wanna know.

If you didn't see the banner it's on you.

There is nothing wrong with your review its just the "tone" you should change, i agree that those are all issues that should be fixed, i suffered from a few, but this is not nvidia this is a brand new company, in an emerging, still unpolished, area you can't expect them to be perfect right of the start nobody forced you to test the service, you didnt like it? Unsubscribe, wait for fixes. Do you know how many game betas ive been in that were complete shit when i tested them and a half a year later when they were released they were great? Loads ( Warframe, planetside, destiny... List goes on)

Last edited: February 12th, 07:43

Game reviewer
#8 January 22nd, 19:51
@WrongMan amm so if you are so smart here better tell me why cant many people still cancel the 3 days trial when all the moderators said 2 weeks ago that this problem has been fixed and all the posts that i posted all they commented under it was "problem has been fixed" `?? cant you understand that this is just some company that loots money from their users and i was told 2 weeks ago that they are bottom of emails and expext replay soon, ive sent 2 emails and after 2 weeks i understand that i will never see my 25.90x2 euros ever agaion becouse who would like to give backl the money ? they dont even anwser you if you message them to the facebook or you send emails to billing department. And if you want to tell other people about this company in this forum to tell them the truth you will get ban from here becouse you are telling bad things about this company that are true and probably ill get ban becouse i posted it here and just guys why no one belive me ? im on your side and i want my money back like you guys, just dont come here to tell other people to be calm and w8 for the anwser, becouse there never will be any awnsers i swear:P

Mechanic
#9 January 22nd, 20:18
@martmark1 I have seen your posts, and because of them i was carefull with my money, i gave them a "prepaid" card with under 20 euros in it to make sure that they can't bill me more than that, i have succsessfully canceled my subscription and my card (to check if it was possible or not), and i restarted my subscription.

You shoud know that your bank should be protecing you, if you feel you have been scammed you should contact your bank so they can retrieve your money for you.

I do not believe this is a scam yet, i haven't had the time to properly test this but i have been able to play games on their system, so i believe this is just a company with a bad start, they screwd up the billing code somehow.

i can't stress this enough your bank has to protect you! call them! go to the bank, tell them you think you have been scammed and you want your money back, if they say they can't do anything threaten to change banks (and actually do change banks because it's their job to protect you).

I have been warned, yes! if i see any double charges, and if they do not solve any billing problem within 24 Hrs i will contact my bank i will demand a charge back with them and they will protect me. that is why credit cards are safe!

So thank you for the warnings, honestly, thank you.

But i will keep in mind that this is a startup company (alpha service) and might be understaffed/buggy/etc...

PS: do you understand what i'm saying? for this to be a scam nothing should work 99% of the time, from my experience the service has worked 75% of the time, so it is hard for me to say this is a scam. The billing problems are unaceptable, yes, that is why i did my best to protect myself.

Last edited: January 22nd, 20:26

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments