You must be logged in to use the forums.
Remember me
Rising member
#0 February 20th, 09:47

Getting connected to East US when 1 week before I got Central Europe.

I don't know what happened, but the server places me into East US today, and I simply can't start rig because it takes so long and fails with different issues like "Your cloud rig seems to not respond". Everything worked just fine before and those times I was connected to Central Eu (which is the closest server for me).

The worst thing is that I have to redownload all the games I have on my D drive again and again and it takes me around 30 minutes to do so because I had like 6-7 games installed before. Maybe there is any effective way to clean/reset my cloud rig and start it as a new cloud rig without any games I saved before so I can redownload them once again. It's like the 4th time I am trying to start cloud rig without any success. :(

Last edited: February 20th, 09:52

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Rising member
#1 February 20th, 10:42
On my 6th try it got me Central Europe, wow!

Loading my games again and hope it doesn't fail one more time.

EDIT: so, yeah. I got Central EU, everything loaded just fine. I was about to start Parsec and then the rig shut down cause "there was an issue configuring your network". Restarted Snoost and I am back with East US and have to redownload my games for another 30 minutes...

Last edited: February 20th, 11:17

Mechanic
#2 February 20th, 11:24
If you look at "[UPDATED] Temporary Solutions to Reported problems" There is a bit there about using your mobile phone internet connection to connect to the proper datacenter because cell towers have a better more static IP address.

About the games i only keep 2 games maximum at a time to avoid long waiting times.

Last edited: February 20th, 11:24

Rising member
#3 February 20th, 11:38
If you look at "[UPDATED] Temporary Solutions to Reported problems" There is a bit there about using your mobile phone internet connection to connect to the proper datacenter because cell towers have a better more static IP address.

About the games i only keep 2 games maximum at a time to avoid long waiting times. - WrongMan
Thanks for the advice about the mobile connection but I have a very old Android phone that doesn't want to install the Chrome extention, so I am out of luck here, I guess :(

And yeah, if it works, I guess I will keep only 1 game at maximum in order to not wait that much. Too bad there is no way to clear the rig outside from games you already have.

Last edited: February 20th, 11:41

Mechanic
#4 February 20th, 12:19
@Raptoriuzz your phone doesn't have wifi hotspot?

Rising member
#5 February 20th, 12:21
@Raptoriuzz your phone doesn't have wifi hotspot? - WrongMan
Unfotunately, no. :(

Anyway, I guess today is not my luck and I will play a bit today on East US.

Last edited: February 20th, 12:50

Mechanic
#6 February 20th, 13:47
im from europe aswell and i'm also getting connected to US no matter what i do so i guess EU datacenters must have some issue right now..

Last edited: February 20th, 13:48

Rising member
#7 February 20th, 13:49
im from europe aswell and i'm also getting connected to US no matter what i do so i guess EU datacenters must have some issue right now.. - WrongMan
Good to hear I am not the one having issues with that! We are in the same boat, unfortunately. Hope they get fixed soon so we can enjoy Snoost more!

Mechanic
#8 February 20th, 15:48
@Raptoriuzz i just managed to get back on EU fyi

Rising member
#9 February 20th, 15:54
@Raptoriuzz i just managed to get back on EU fyi - WrongMan
Yeah, me too! Let's hope it lasts very long :)

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments