You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Game reviewer
#0 October 22nd, 19:46

Saves for witcher 3 dont work

Been replaying the same amount of content like 3 times because when i start up snoost again the saves are gone, everytime i make sure the game is installed under /Z even purposefully shut down my stream manually so that it would save itself properly and go through the backup shit and stuff but when i start the game the saves are gone, steam cloud dosent work either for it. Decided to quit upon this game. Frustrating.

Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
The thread was moved from "Snoost discussions" to "Troubleshooting".

#2 October 23rd, 09:27
Hi there DivineIntervention,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your Witcher 3 saves. Our official response to this problem is as follows:

1. Issue: Savegames disappearing
Users have reported missing savegames the next time they start up their rig (despite being correctly loaded on the z-drive)

Reported, temporary solutions:

• The issue sometimes occur if the file uploaded exceeds the server provider's data limit. If this is the case, you should be able to fix it by going to your steam library, right click on the game, go to 'properties' and under the 'local files' tab press 'Verify integrity of game files'

• Many games have the option to save in cloud storage. Steam also provides this service by default. Make sure enable this for your savegames in order to have an online backup.
It looks like you are doing all the right things by saving with Steam cloud, manually backing up / shutting down the rig. At this point I would make sure you have done the first bullet point, and if you are still encountering issues please let us know so we can further diagnose your problem.

Again, apologies for this. Being in Alpha has its perks and downfalls, one perk being you help us shape the product. Please keep an eye out for more news/announcements because we will have something substantial to share soon that will (hopefully) alleviate most of these remaining issues!

Last edited: October 23rd, 10:13

Showing 1-2 of 2 comments