You must be logged in to use the forums.
Remember me
Snoobster
#0 February 23rd, 12:30

Snoost Charged me on my first day trial

I opted for the 3 day trial and snoost charged me as soon as I opened up the rig and this just seems like a scam as I wouldn't have opted for FUll HD , I want my money back

Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Mechanic
#1 February 23rd, 15:13
You gotta emai the billing department. This is has occured before, and while they will certainly take longer than 24Hrs to responde, they will respond.

May i ask, what kind of card did you use? does it accept pending charges? is it debit or credit? is it visa, visa electron, mastercard, or maestro?

Snoobster
#2 February 23rd, 16:24
@WrongMan it's Visa and a debit card

Mechanic
#3 February 23rd, 16:29
@Khatkardhruv That's the problem, debit cards can't handle pending charges.

When you add the card they place a pending charge for the value of the service you selected. But since you added a debit card it does not support pending charges and so it just charges you.

Snoost has a bad track record handling this problem, they may take up to a month to answer billing department emails, so it might be faster to contact your bank, and explain the situation. And have them fix it.

Ps: with credit cards they just remove the pending charge when you cancel the trial subscription.

Last edited: February 23rd, 16:31

Snoobster
#4 February 27th, 11:01
@Khatkardhruv That's the problem, debit cards can't handle pending charges.

When you add the card they place a pending charge for the value of the service you selected. But since you added a debit card it does not support pending charges and so it just charges you.

Snoost has a bad track record handling this problem, they may take up to a month to answer billing department emails, so it might be faster to contact your bank, and explain the situation. And have them fix it.

Ps: with credit cards they just remove the pending charge when you cancel the trial subscription. - WrongMan
Debit cards can't handle pending charges, are you s.....? Snoost is a scam in a way or other stop defending them maybe you are even an snoost employee,if you don't know about banking systems don't talk.

Last edited: February 27th, 13:48

Mechanic
#5 February 27th, 13:32
@eltaer no need to get all riled up with me. I'm not a part of the company. Just a user.

Anyway, I'm sorry about the phrasing. Debit cards handle pending charges differently than credit cards.

Snoobster
#6 February 27th, 14:02
@eltaer no need to get all riled up with me. I'm not a part of the company. Just a user.

Anyway, I'm sorry about the phrasing. Debit cards handle pending charges differently than credit cards. - WrongMan
Wrong again, inform. Yourself https://www.thebalance.com/difference-between-a-credit-card-and-a-debit-card-2385972.

Mechanic
#7 February 27th, 14:41
@eltaer yeah man read a couple of articles online and now.you know everything...

That article doesnt cover authorization holds, and that is the important bit here.

I'm still pretty sure all these money taken on trial issues are due to people using debit cards. And no one has provided proof stating otherwise yet (no one said they used a credit card and didnt get their money back).

I'm not going to discuss the scam bit anymore. I just tried to provide some clarity and guidance to the OP.

Snoobster
#8 February 27th, 16:02
@eltaer yeah man read a couple of articles online and now.you know everything...

That article doesnt cover authorization holds, and that is the important bit here.

I'm still pretty sure all these money taken on trial issues are due to people using debit cards. And no one has provided proof stating otherwise yet (no one said they used a credit card and didnt get their money back).

I'm not going to discuss the scam bit anymore. I just tried to provide some clarity and guidance to the OP. - WrongMan
There's no difference between credit card and debit card on how it's processing pending charges, it's just that credit cad has a line of credit you can even pay stuff with that you don't have money for but you pay an interest fee while the debit card dosent let you do that and purely uses you're available balance. I will tell my friend to join snoost, he haves an credit card let's see if he gets his money back.

Staff
#9 February 27th, 16:38
@Khatkardhruv If not already done, please submit an email at [email protected] regarding this issue - and please remember to inform the email you used to register your trial. We know there might be a delayed response time at the moment - we're very sorry for this, but we will try to help in every single case. Thanks.

Mechanic
#10 February 27th, 20:36
@eltaer I still don't think that is the only difference between debit and credit cards. From what i read individual banks have greater liberty when setting the ammount of time charges are on hold for their debit cards.

I've said it before, when i started my trial i read all these billing issues and so i immediately canceled everything. Waited 4 days and the pending charge disappeared (even called my bank to confirm). I used a credit card.

That is why i came back.

Anyway, looking forward to hear what happens with your friend! Please report back.

Last edited: February 27th, 20:48

Showing 1-10 of 10 comments