You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
Game reviewer
#0 November 3rd, 02:31

Snoost Completely Broken

Snoost, there is alot of problems that need to be fixed which you seem to not to give attention to.

• 1- Keys stop working on games (fallout games) when you press esc your shortcuts reminder comes up it breaks the keys
  • 2-Controllers dont count as activity so it will come up (Inactivity detected shutting down gracefully) [The inactivity timer should pop up with "are you still there?"] for about 10 minutes before it shuts down.
  • 3- 480P looks like 140p it should be fixed because 480P is not Low Res. [I cant even see chat on games! THIS IS A PROBLEM]
  • 4- Slow Startup Times [It must be fixed because if you can do this, you may get ahead in the market for Cloud Gaming :) ]

Last edited: November 3rd, 07:44

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
The thread was moved from "Snoost discussions" to "Troubleshooting".

#2 November 3rd, 06:22
Hi there Mandoguy,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Snoost. We are here to help you.

1. In regards to the escape key not working on certain games: this could be avoided if you keybind an action to a different key. We use the escape key to open up the Snoost menu because it is the least used key in most games (during gameplay). Please also be aware by pressing the escape key, both in-game and Snoost interface inputs should be detected. EDIT: I've been told this is a bug with Fallout 4 specifically.

2. We are aware of this issue and are working to implement a fix in the near future. Please stay posted.

3. I can tell you it is 480p, but any fragmentation/blurriness may be due to internet connection issues or connection issues to the server in the stream. If you are using a 480p plan and would like to test out a higher resolution plan, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to set you up with a trial.

4. Slow startup times are being looked at intensively and we will have something to announce in the near future.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Last edited: November 4th, 06:20

Staff
#3 November 3rd, 14:05
@Mandoguy I had the exact same problem with Fallout 4, but got it fixed, so I know it is not a problem with Snoost, but with Fallout 4. Just try googling "unresponsive main menu fallout 4" and you will see that we are not alone :).

I will look for the fix i used over the weekend and get back to you asap.

Staff
#4 November 6th, 10:11
@Mandoguy I found the solution again. For some reason probably only Bethesda knows, the game thinks you inserted a gamepad.¨¨

I fixed this by editing a number in two 'Fallout4prefs.ini' files located in two different folders.

The first one is in Z:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Fallout 4\Fallout 4

The second one is in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4

Open these files and look/search for a entry called bGamepadEnable=1. In both of these files, change that value to zero instead of one. That fixed it for me. Let me know if it works for you too :).

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments