You must be logged in to use the forums.
Remember me
Staff
#0 September 18th 2017, 14:18

[UPDATED] Temporary Solutions to Reported Issues

UPDATED FEB. 11, 2018

Hello Snoosters,

We at Snoost have decided to make a 'sticky' troubleshooting thread with reported, temporary solutions for some known issues.

Rest assured that we are working on permanent solutions for the issues that are reported, but many of you from the community have shared temporary solutions that worked for you, so we thought it would beneficial to share these until a patch resolving the issues is released.

Hopefully this sticky will make it easier to find temporary solutions to known problems. We will regularly update the sticky to include new solutions offered by both us and you, which means that any temporary solutions to problems are greatly appreciated in the comments.

We at Snoost thank you for all your help, feedback and patience.

1. Issue: I am stuck at 'Establishing Connection' or having other similar problems (such as pairing with rig):

Users sometimes experience getting stuck on 'establishing connection' or other stages when starting up their rig.

Reported, temporary solution:

• Close the Chrome client and reopen it again (to restart the client: close the popup window and press the “open cloud rig” button from https://app.snoost.com/. Try it a couple of times if needed. This should force the connection through (and don't worry, the server will still continue booting up, it does not start over again).

2. Issue: Savegames disappearing

Users have reported missing savegames the next time they start up their rig (despite being correctly loaded on the D-drive)

Reported, temporary solutions:

• The issue sometimes occur if the file uploaded exceeds the server provider's data limit. If this is the case, you should be able to fix it by going to your steam library, right click on the game, go to 'properties' and under the 'local files' tab press 'Verify integrity of game files'
  • Many games have the option to save in cloud storage. Steam also provides this service by default. Make sure enable this for your savegames in order to have an online backup.

3. Issue: 'Status: Saving' on rig startup or missing installed games (even though they were correctly installed on the D-drive)

Users have encountered a message saying 'Status: Saving' when starting up the rig or are missing games from the D-drive.

• Both issues are related and occur at rare instances where the cloud gaming server momentarily loses connection while executing a multipart upload of a particularly large game file. If users experience this, the fix is simply to re-install the required/missing files by either "Verifying game file integrity" in Steam, or re-installing the game. The developers at Snoost are currently working hard on a more long term solution, which will indefinitely fix the problem.

4. Issue: Unable to open Steam from Windows

Users have reported that nothing happens when clicking the Steam icon from the Windows desktop.

• Close the Steam process in task manager and open it again (From personal experience this is not a Snoost bug, but a known bug with Steam itself).

5. Issue: Game freezes or audio drops

Users have reported situations where the game freezes or audio suddenly drops.

• If you encounter game freezes or audio drops, try closing the Chrome client and reopen it again (to restart the client: close the popup window and press the “open cloud rig” button from https://app.snoost.com/). This will not shut down your game. You probably lost connection for a short while, and restarting the client will force the connection through.

6. Issues related to billing:

Various issues with card validation, payment etc.

Solution:

• If you have any problems with billing, we recommend that you contact the billing department. As the problem is often an individual problem with card validation, the communication needs to be private to protect the integrity of the service and your personal information.

7. Issue: Mouse cursor becomes stuck, cursor "jumps" around the screen/returns to center

Issues have been reported where the cursor becomes stuck in one position on the screen, jumps around repeatedly, or returns to the center after movement.

• Installing the most recent version of Chrome on your server seems to alleviate the issue
  • This most recent version is a beta version of Chrome
  • Downloading and utilizing Parsec can also be tried if this solution does not work (see detailed instructions on #8)

8. Issue: My server lags, slow to respond, input lag is present

Users have reported instances of server lag / input lag, where commands are processed slowly

• Downloading, installing, and utilizing Parsec has been shown to reduce or eliminate input lag for most users
  • Follow the instructions below on how to download and utilize Parsec with Snoost:
    1. Connect to your server on Snoost and navigate to Chrome.
    2. Type in "Parsec Gaming" and navigate to their homepage.
    3. Download Parsec for 64 bit Windows. (Make an account if needed)
    4. Log into Parsec and enable game hosting when prompted, enable controller support.
    5. Navigate out of Snoost to your native desktop.
    6. Download Parsec (step 2, choose correct OS, do not enable hosting if prompted)
    7. Once in Parsec, refresh the page until your server shows up and choose "connect".
    8. You are now connected to your server through Parsec.

9. Issue: Connecting to server locations far from your present location, ping too high, etc.

Users have reported the Snoost application is connecting them to far server locations, when a nearer server location is available. Server locations are chosen based off of server load, whether any maintenance or hardware/software issues are present, and location.

• Please be aware, this solution has not been tested by Snoost staff
  • Utilizing a cell/mobile based internet sharing option helps keep the IP static and connects you to a local server consistently
  • We will be reviewing server selection processes soon.

As mentioned above, rest assured that we are working on permanent solutions to these problems. And again, thank you for you patience. Also, if you have temporary solutions to issues we would appreciate a comment below.

Last edited: February 12th, 15:36

Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Game reviewer
#1 January 25th, 22:52
I live in Cyprus and i have 140 ms latency connected to West Europe, can i do something to decrease the latency?

Mechanic
#2 January 29th, 20:25
Few things you could add here: For rig connection issues: re-installing snoost client. For high pings when on wifi: check for channel overlapping

Mechanic
#3 January 29th, 20:56
Just need to press this matter, sorry, i just double checked: I wasn't beeing able to connect to the rig after it launched (pairing failed error), i re-installed the snoost app and i connected instantly! so defenitelly needs to be up there, for the rest of the community to see!

Mechanic
#4 February 13th, 15:25
A possible root cause for the pairing to cloud rig failed error is a failure to load the nvidia streaming services.

Yesterday i was having the starting input stream loop but i was already connected with parsec so since i believe this error happens because the input stream process is still running on the rig even though I was disconnected, i forced closed the nvidia streaming services (all of them) and i started getting the failed to pair with rig error, this leads me to believe that the root cause of this error is the failure to load these processes, so maybe having the app re-launch these might fix it!

Could you tell me which processes are responsible for the stream input so i can test my (other) theory?

Staff
#5 February 15th, 10:54
@WrongMan That's a great piece of feedback. The processes themselves are not "enough" to enable the streaming, since there's a pairing procedure that has to take place with our APIs, to successfully enable the streaming and pairing with your local computer in a secure manner.

In fact, the "input stream loop" actually does attempt to re-initiate the above, although it seems to be failing somehow in your case. This is definitely something we will look more into as soon as possible. Any details on how to reproduce the error would be deeply helpful.

Thank you.

Snoobster
#6 February 18th, 17:35
@RuneDalton any update on taking people money before the 3days and not answering billing emails?

Mechanic
#7 February 18th, 17:55
@eltaer there is a post about this already, and some people have already started receiving answers. The bottom line is your card/bank couldn't interpret the pending charge and processed it. I firmly believe you will get your money back.

@RuneDalton About the input stream; is this handled by the nvidia streaming processes or is it another program? What is the specific process(es) that handle this?

So i can try and force stop it next time the "starting input stream" loop happens.

Snoobster
#8 February 18th, 18:25
@eltaer there is a post about this already, and some people have already started receiving answers. The bottom line is your card/bank couldn't interpret the pending charge and processed it. I firmly believe you will get your money back.

@RuneDalton About the input stream; is this handled by the nvidia streaming processes or is it another program? What is the specific process(es) that handle this?

So i can try and force stop it next time the "starting input stream" loop happens. - WrongMan
What if I use my other foreign bank account that even has instant sepa transfer, most technologised bank in the world I could say what if I get charged again before trial ends? I don't think it's bank fault...

Snoobster
#9 March 1st, 08:45
Thanks for the tips Snoost ! Very helpful and informative !

Mechanic
#10 March 2nd, 20:14
@RuneDalton hey man got more useful info!

So the starting input stream loop happened again, and i was already on parsec. So after 15 mins of the loop i decided to test closing some processes.

And voilà found the culprit i think! I closed "nvidia streamer user agent" and o seemingly broke it (clicked windows button on snoost app and nothing was happening), but after 10 - 15 seconds i connected!

Snoobster
#11 March 5th, 15:45
@WrongMan wow, you've made great job! it would be great to have some vnc preconfigured on server, so you can fix problems by yourself(in the case of first launch, before parsec installation.

Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
This thread has been locked for further discussion.