You must be logged in to use the forums.
Remember me
Snoobster
#0 November 19th 2017, 18:18

Trial experience

Just wanted to give you some feedback on my first 3 days of trial, which didn't went without trouble.

To begin with I had trouble with the streaming, which was due to my router, WIFI and PowerLine devices wasn't configured properly. After fixing that I got it working (after a long time waiting on the login screen).

However, none of the things I downloaded or stored on the Z drive was retained - even though the Snoost client states it is saving when I leave the session. Don't know if this is a limitation of the trial, but I had to begin from scratch everytime, which is a little annoying.

I also experienced a lot of stuttering on the VM, even when I was simply on the desktop. Sometimes it was like the VM stopped completely. Especially when I tried to do a search for an application (Windows key + search). Two times the VM suddenly shuts down after testing for like 10 minutes, and you don't wan't to go back and start up again as it is simply taking to long. So to be honest, I almost gave up on this, and thought it wasn't quite mature yet.

Anyway, before the end of the trial, I gave it a last shot. This time it looked like everything was OK, and the VM seemed a lot more responsive, and I actually tested 20 minutes of gameplay without trouble.

So my question is - would it possible to extend the trial for just for a couple of hours before making up my mind.

Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
#1 November 20th 2017, 06:04
Hi KennethE,

Thank you for testing out Snoost during this critical Alpha development stage! We really appreciate your feedback and hope to make this the best experience possible for you.

We are aware of the Z drive save issues and are working on an overhaul of our software and cloud rig systems to ensure this occurrence is minimized. When we have a concrete release date, we will be sure to inform everyone. This update is in its final development stage and should be out soon.

Sorry to see you experienced lagging during the stream as well. Some players including myself have had great experiences with Parsec. I would recommend you give this program a try and let us know if it helps you.

I will also get in touch with our developers to see about getting you a trial extension.

Have a good day!

Showing 1-1 of 1 comments