A fun and an addictive game(in a good way)Review of League of Legends
By Ryuujin | Leave a comment | November 14th, 21:28
Review this game
- Summoner's Rift - a 5v5 map, with 5 roles: top laner, jungler, mid laner, ADC(Attack Damage Carry) and a Support. The main objective in this mode is to destroy the Nexus like in ever other standard mode. To do so, players must defeat the enemy champions, slay Dragons, the Rift Herald and Baron Nashor, destroy towers and inhibitors and finally, the Nexus itself.
- Twisted Treeline - a 3v3 map with 3 roles - top laner, jungler and a bot laner. The objective in this mode is to capture the altars, attain their power and defeat the spider-like monster - Vilemaw. It's buff is similar to the buff Baron Nashor gives, and it boosts the champions, allowing them to get into the enemy base and destroy the Nexus.
- Howling Abyss aka ARAM(All Mid All Random) - a 5v5 mode in which players are given a random champion from their owned champion pool or the Free Rotation. There is no laning phase in this mode. Players start teamfighting right away, in an attempt to destroy the towers and the Nexus.
- URF(Ultra Rapid Fire) - it is set onto the Summoner's Rift, with all the cooldowns significantly reduced by 80% with unlimited mana.
- One for All - same as URF, this one is also set on the Summoner's Rift where all players on one team play the same champion(the most voted one in champion select). No cooldowns are reduced here tough, nor there is unlimited mana.
- The Teemoing - a Harrowing(Halloween themed) mode set on the Summoner's Rift, where the Evil Lord Teemo summons the Doom Bots (extreme difficulty bots) and later comes onto the Rift himself. Before his arrival, he throws blinding spikes, electrifies ally turrets and much more.
- The Butcher's Bridge - set on the map Howling Abyss, Bilgewater themed, the action is pretty much the same as on ARAM. This game mode has showed up only once, and players have been asking for it for a long time.
- Ascension - set on the map called Crystal Scar, which was used for a once standard mode called "Dominion". The mode was removed because of the low play rate, and the map is now being used for Ascension, which seems to have a much higher play rate. In the center there is the ascended Xerath, which if players kill gain gold, obtain the power of Ascension which increases their health, grants unlimited mana, increased size, ability power and attack damage and defensive stats, but all for a cost of being constantly seen by the enemy. There are also 3 crystals which, if players obtain, give points. If the Ascended champion is killed, the team that killed him also gains point. Kills also give a little bit of points.