This document accounts for our handling of personal information, including how personal data is collected and what it may be used for to enhance the user experience, and which measures are taken to secure it.
Collection of information
Throughout your use of Snoost's services certain personal information will be registered in our system, either by yourself or by us, to improve your browsing on the site, enable certain functionality or because the data is required for communicational purposes etc.
- Information you provide to us: During registration at the signup form, and later on while having an active account, you will provide the following information to Snoost:
- Your email, name, address, telephone number and payment method. This information is collected at various times when needed, such as during signup, when contacting customer service or when participating in promotions.
- Information we collect automatically: The following information is data that is being collected automatically, and which is required for us to comply with certain geographically based restrictions, or for Snoost to operate in accordance with the goals and expectations we have for our users:
- Device details, including operating system, browser type & version as well as locale settings, such as language, timezone etc.
- Customer service correspondence information, such as date & time for contacting us.
- Geographical location, in order to comply with content restrictions, as well as TAX/VAT rules.
We use information to enhance personal experience, process orders, subscriptions, handle memberships, enable certain functionality, set pricing (incl. VAT and TAX) accordingly and to communicate with you as well as handle your support requests appropriately. For example, the information we collect may be used for the following;
- Detecting and preventing fraud, such as - but not limited to - unauthorised access to your account or cloud server.
- Automatically assigning a launched cloud server to the closest datacenter to you, to ensure that you get the lowest possible latency.
- Distributing the location for your cloud server's backup data to the nearest datacenter to your location, to increase the speed of which your game data, savegames etc. are being downloaded and uploaded upon launching and closing your cloud rig.
- Monitoring any violating action, such as illegal material or content, or distribution or usage of data for which you don't have the proper rights.
- Serving localised content in order to only offer items, servers or other material which is better suited for your country.
- Analyse your usage and behaviour to better understand and optimise our infrastructure and develop new products and features for our service.
- Communicate with you about your account, new releases and updates, billing, violations, usage, feedback, statuses or other notifications.
We take the security of all data, both sensitive and non-sensitive information, extremely seriously, and do our best to patch our software with the latest security updates, as well as continuously implement new measures to protect your data. Unfortunately, no safety implementation or act can guarantee 100 % security, and thus we cannot guarantee the security of the data provided to us.
Payment methods, whether in the form of credit or debit cards, will never be stored at any Snoost owned digital property or server, and will be handled securely by our payment partner. The only details kept of payment methods, for identification purposes, are; expiration month, expiration year and the last four digits of the card's number. A payment card's expiration information is only used to notify you in advance if your card is about to expire, and the last four digits of your card is used for you to be able to accurately identify the card you use, in case of having added multiple cards, and for our customer service to respond to billing related support requests or handle cases related to abuse or fraud.
This privacy statement may be updated from time to time, for instance if we make changes to the data you should provide or how the Snoost service needs to use the data in order to operate satisfactory and according to its goals. With any such change or updates to how we handle information, or other parts of this policy, we will notify you by e-mail at least 30 days before the changes applies to your account.
- Disabling cookies. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
- The cookies we set.
- This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Third-party cookies.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Social media and personalisation.
- In some cases we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- More information. Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Last updated: 2nd of February 2017