You must be logged in to use the forums. Don't have an account? Sign up for free.
Remember me
#0 August 5th, 14:14

Why it takes so long to connect to the machine?

For me it takes like 30mins to 1 hour that i can connect to the machine.
Either i am in queue for a long time, or it keeps checking my connection.
I know this is a beta phase. but isn't there a way i can fix this?

Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Staff
#1 August 5th, 22:15
It currently does take time, especially if there's a lot of users connecting in the same region. However, it really should not take as long as you describe to connect. It usually only takes between 6-15 minutes (depending on the size of the games installed) to fire up the cloud rig. Sometimes, if there is a Steam update etc., it could add a minute or two.

May I ask if you get to the "Connecting to cloud rig" message, or if it looks like it's "Loading games" for 30 minutes?

Also, we are currently working on improving the overall startup procedure, along with data persistence, which will - to some degree - address this issue as well.

#2 August 5th, 22:42
@RuneDalton it's connecting to cloud rig loading screen, also i noticed my files got deleted after i restarted the machine, although folders are still there.

#3 August 6th, 02:36
@RuneDalton it's connecting to cloud rig loading screen, also i noticed my files got deleted after i restarted the machine, although folders are still there.
- ericsmith12
Eric, we are aware of the connecting and save-file issues and are working on a fix. Restarting the Chrome client a few times during this process (don't worry the server will still continue booting up) will force the connection through. If you encounter game freezes or audio drops, try this restarting procedure then as well.

Last edited: August 6th, 02:37

Showing 1-3 of 3 comments